The Gamm can always use helpful volunteers in the following areas:
- Ushering: Usher for two performances during the run of a show and see the show for free! Under the supervision of the house manager, ushers create a welcoming atmosphere for our patrons. Sign up with a family member or friend…or make new friends with fellow theater lovers while you’re here! Learn more about ushering>
- Administration: The Gamm periodically needs help with data entry, photo copying, mailings stuffing, poster distribution and other marketing, development and box office projects during business hours.
- Set construction: If you’re comfortable wielding a hammer or a paint brush, or have more sophisticated carpentry skills, set construction is a great way to build friendships while you work.
- Special events: The Gamm hosts several exciting events each season, from VIP cocktail parties to our annual spring fundraising bash. If you have experience slinging a cocktail or passing hors devours, there’s fun to be had behind the scenes.
To learn more about applying for volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com, and include the volunteer category in which you are interested in the subject line.
Duties and Attire
Ushers are typically called to the theater 75 minutes prior to curtain time and are expected to wear a black skirt or pants and a white top. Usher tags will be provided for each performance.
Duties include tidying public spaces (theater, lobby and restrooms) before the performance, inserting marketing materials into programs, distributing programs to patrons, tearing tickets, helping guests find their seats and, most importantly, making each patron's experience as welcoming as possible!
How to Sign Up
If you’ve never ushered at The Gamm, please call Shannon Carroll, Box Office Manager, at 401-723-4266 ext. 10 to sign up.
If you are a returning usher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include this necessary information:
- desired performance dates
- names and phone numbers/emails of all people in your party
- a phone number at which you can be reached
For non-emergency cancellations, we respectfully request at least 24 hours notice by phone so we may find someone else to take your spot.